Volunteers are the heart of Global ICT Care. Without dedicated volunteers, we cannot fulfill our mission of improving the quality of life for marginalized rural communities
Who are our volunteers?
We welcome volunteers from anywhere in the world. Anyone can find exciting opportunities to improve the lives of women, youth and children in rural, marginalized communities.
Our volunteers are motivated, energetic people from our beneficiaries, partner organizations, college and university graduates who are passionate about bringing a long lasting change in people’s lives and passionate about working with a community.
We also have volunteer opportunities for professionals who wish to provide insight and wisdom on a pro bono basis. Rural populations benefit from volunteers established in the workforce who donate their time and talents.
Basic Requirements for being our Volunteer
- 18 years and above
- Enthusiastic, energetic, passionate highly principled and motivated.
- Dedicated to fostering positive changes with at-risk communities in Uganda.
- Committed to the values and principles of volunteerism.
- Ability to adjust in difficult living conditions and sometimes remote locations.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience in a professional background or its equivalent.
Why volunteer with us
- Volunteers acquire new skills ranging from, Entrepreneurship skills, leadership skills, and administration skills, personal development skills, etc.
- Social impact
- Mingling with the locals.
- Opportunity to support local communities
- A chance to explore what Uganda’s nature can offer.
- Variety of investment opportunities.
- Employment opportunities.
We treasure our volunteers. The reason our programs for underserved rural communities succeed is that the volunteers are passionate about creating lasting change.